Nagaland State Referral Laboratory for Water Quality Testing:
The council has established State Referral Laboratory for Water Quality Testing & Monitoring with the funding from the Department of Science & Technology, Government of India under Water Technology Initiative programme and inaugurated by Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Hon'ble Union Minister for Science & Technology & Earth Science on 19th April, 2016 and dedicated to the service of the state.
Under this facility unit, project on Rainwater Harvesting Technology was demonstrated in 6 water scare villages in the state. Currently, a project on Water Quality Mapping for Kohima and Dimapur District is in progress with funding from DST, GoI.
Water Quality Testing and Consultancy services are provided to user departments and various stakeholders of the state.
- • Water quality mapping for Dimapur and Kohima Districts with the following objectives : to assess the quality of water resources in Dimapur and Kohima districts and to generate geospatial database on water quality and Water Quality Map of Dimapur and Kohima districts.
- • Various awareness and training programmes were conducted on potable water quality and sanitation. Awareness programmes are covered for Kohima and Peren Districts whereas training programmes are conducted in the laboratory for the stakeholders and students.
- • A Presentation was given on World Water Day 2019, hosted by the Department of Soil and Water Conservation, 22nd March.
- • Hands-on trainings conducted for students, scholars on water quality analysis
- • Aided PG and PhD students from 7 educational institutions in their research works.
- • Provided water quality analysis services to 31 indivuduals
- • Water Quality Data Resources of 205 drinking water samples prepared for 2018 and 2019 and 2020.
- • 150 sample has been collected for Kohima District and 90 sample for Dimapur district for both pre and post monsoon. Analysis for physical parameters is completed and for heavy metals is going on.