Pedü - Feed Crusher
This is developed by NASTEC led innovator Dr. Zavei Hiese.
“Feed Crusher” or “Pedü” is coined in the local dialect which is used to crush raw materials for preparing feeds mainly for animals such as pigs, cows and chickens.
- It can crush almost any type of feeds both dry or fresh and even the grains can be crushed into fine form.
- It saves time and reduces manpower and thereby reducing the labour cost.
- Testing shows that it can crush 100 kgs of feed in an hour.
- It consume less time in preparing feeds for animals and can prepare large quantities within a short duration as it is semi mechanised.
- It saves human labour, energy, and cost and easy to used
- It can crush seasonal raw materials, vegetables, etc during the seasonal period and can be stored after drying it for use during off-season.
- It can also be used to crush cereals and vegetables for human consumption.
- It helps in reducing wastage of food or seasonal vegetables.