Biomass Fired Dryer
- Preservation of fruits and vegetables for prolonged periods is a major problem for rural economy.
- Modern commercial dehydration machines are expensive and consume large amount of electricity.
- Moreover availability of electricity in the rural areas is also poor.
- With these in view, a reasonably low cost dryer which is efficient and based on wood fuel has been designed and built by Science & Technology Department, Nagaland.
- It is hoped that such a dryer will boost the rural economy.